Stats

Monday, February 19, 2007

Pamela Greenbaum vs. Orthomom

It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. As a freshman in high school I joined the freshman soccer team. I played the position of fullback. During a practice game the ball came to me and I passed it on to the goalie. Unfortunately the goalie had left his position and the ball rolled into the goal. I had just scored a goal against my own team.

What school board member Pamela Greenbaum has done with her recent litigation is similar. In Hebrew we call it a "gol atzmi", a self made goal. This frivolous law suit, which on the face of it looks like a pathetic attempt to quell criticism, is having a boomerang effect, at least as far as the jblogosphere is concerned.

It is not easy being a public servant. It means having to suffer a lot of criticism, some of which is unjust. Sometimes opponents don't stick to the issue and prefer to launch personal attacks and to resort to immature name-calling. But if the offensive anonymous comment on Orthomom's blog was really the issue, I think that a short email to Orthomom would have solved the problem.

Orthomom 1, Greenbaum 0.

3 comments:

Chaim said...

great analogy.

Cosmic X said...

Thanks Chaim.

Unknown said...

on top of all that Greenbaum is a public figure, the laws dont protect her the way it protects private citizens....But I tell you she would not be welcome here in Tenn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...