Stats

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Significance of Israel's Presidential Election

It is easy to downplay the election of Reuven "Rubi" Rivlin. After all, the function of the President of Israel is largely symbolic. I must admit that I myself did not think too much of it.

My wife changed my mind. She said that this is also part of the redemption, that he is a big improvement over the outgoing president in many respects. I must say that I agree with her. The redemption comes little by little (qim'a qim'a), and we should not belittle any event which can be seen as a step forward.

Farewell Shimon Peres. Welcome President Rivlin!

2 comments:

in the vanguard said...

Sometimes women have insights men must not ignore.

Case in point: Avigayil, when she saved David from murder (see here: http://hezbos.blogspot.com/2013/01/king-davids-delayed-inauguration.html )

In this case, namely, that the Redemption has begun, is percolating through the entire Jewish collective mindset - after it has been established by the Rebbe in 1991, by his invoking the Midrash Yalkut Shimoni. And, like ALL his campaigns to further Yiddishkeit, as well as enhance expectations of the imminent Redemption, not one of his campaigns or prophecies have failed, but instead, have been taken hold of by all Jewry.

Cosmic X said...

Never ignore your wife!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...